I received quite a few emails from my last article and there was a lot of grumbling about using online newsletters.
Let me explain the power of online newsletters and the effect they can have on your dog training business. Then, let’s see if you feel the same way.
The Power of Online Newsletters
- A newsletter brings you into the home of your client, the dog owner, at their convenience and their timetable. It’s there, in their email, waiting for them to read it on their schedule. They don’t have to go “look for it” or remember to try to find one at the vet’s office.
- When you consistently publish your newsletter you are in front of your existing clients and potential clients regularly. You are sharing great dog training information with them to help with their dog.
- Online newsletters are easily shared with friends and family.
- As I mentioned before, there are clickable links in online newsletters. Those clickable links that go back to your website from an email—-those are spidered by Google. I repeat: those incoming links from an email to your site are spidered by Google.
- Your newsletter helps you send out announcements about upcoming events, class openings or new training programs you have. This keeps your clients up to date about all the things they can get from YOU.
- Dog owners will respond to your newsletter with questions or comments. That is a goldmine of information on what their concerns and needs are— that you could fill!
- When you share your newsletter on your social media channels this brings more eyes to your business.
Best for last – your newsletter, which originates from your blog, is part of the beautiful trilogy of your Website, Your Social Media and Your Search Engine Results.
When you understand how to make this trilogy work together, the power of that collaboration just builds and builds, as does your dog training business.
Hopefully you can see how each part of this trilogy can work independently but when they work together it’s unstoppable.
The main thing is to take it step by step and realize that it’s not difficult and it’s not expensive.
I use a system called AWeber to distribute my newsletter and I also use that to get new names added to my newsletter list.
We add new people to the list daily.
We’ve been doing our newsletter regularly now for about 2 years and we have over 2,100 people on it and our open rate stays between 38% and 51% consistently.
So at 51% that’s about 1071 people —twice a week—reading about us, learning about us, seeing our skill set—–primed to do business with us.
There’s a lot more to share about the power and use of newsletters but I wanted to write this to get you to start thinking how something so easy as a regular newsletter can have such a huge impact on your dog training business.
Got a question? Just comment below.
Leila Martin, is the brains behind the success of petiquettedog.com on the marketing side. She has run our online and offline marketing system since 2006. Leila’s ability to grow our online presence using both a website and social media in the dog training world has been a critical part of Jim Burwell’s Petiquette success . She has tripled the number of visitors to our website and increased our revenue by 25% each year. Our appointment book is always filled. Bottom line: We do what we teach and we teach what we do.
In her spare time Leila can be seen in her office dancing with our black lab Sammy Burwell